Friday, July 25, 2014

If you’d like to make a call...

The other day I was walking out of my Monday evening class and I pulled out my phone to return a call that I missed.  I hit the call button and … waited… and waited… and waited.   I walked to my car and waited some more.  I drove down the street still having nothing but a swirling circle on my phone’s screen telling me that it is trying to do something, but failing.  What happened?  I made the tragic mistake of trying to make a call when I was just leaving a Wi-Fi network that I was connected to.  Sounds ridiculous, right?  If my phone is connected to Wi-Fi and I try to place a call while I am leaving the area, the waiting circle comes on the screen and the call won’t go out for up to ten minutes.  If you try to go to the home screen and make another call, it will work, but the original call will still try to come through at things will be screwed up bad.  The only way to stop it is to pull the battery.  I came to the conclusion that the Wi-Fi zone was the problem through weeks of experimentation and being able to replicate the issue over and over again.  I searched online for others with the same phone and issue and found some others that commented on the same problem with not being able to place outgoing calls but no one mentioned the Wi-Fi correlation.  Some had said that it happened everyday when they left work, leading me to believe that they were connected to Wi-Fi while at work, creating the same issue I had. The phone is an LG Spectrum 2 from Verizon, which seems to be a pretty decent phone, but it has its quirks.  Like this one.  I have had earlier model Droids that had issues connecting to apps because they were on Wi-Fi and they kept trying to use it instead of switching over to mobile data if I left the signal zone.  Calls, on the other hand, should never be trying to use Wi-Fi in any way.  So, what’s the deal LG?  Why in the world would Wi-Fi have any affect on making a call?  LG?

No comments:

Post a Comment